1. Site selection
2. Preliminary survey of land including soil
testing, adjoining area and the availability of basic infrastructure.
3. Preliminary project profile and discussion
with the promoters to finalise the program.
4. Detailed Techno-economic feasilibity report.
5. Detailed functional brief for the architect.
6. Preliminary drawings and the Master Plan
based on the functional brief.
7. Modification of drawings till the design
fully satisfies the functional requirements of the hospital.
8. Detailed equipment analysis report.
9. Department and room-wise drawings with location
10. Modifications in the department and room
layout to suit the lowest level of functional requirements.
11. The working drawings i.e. the structural
drawings, drawings of electrification, plumbing, standby generator
line, telephone lines, public address system, nurses call bell,
central computer system, CCTV, EPABX and communication, piped
medical gasses, compressed air and central suction, fire requirements
etc. All the drawings are finalised in coordination.
12. Notice inviting tenders and finalisation
13. Split up of the Activities of the project
into elements and allocation of a time tag to each element in
terms of weeks or months to suit the proposed time schedule
14. Laying of foundation stone and commencement
15. Weekly meetings to review the progress.
Steps taken to ensure that the activities lagging behind are
completed in the ongoing weeks.
16. Tenders and quotations from suppliers.
17. Finalizing of equipments and placing or
18. Commissioning Report.
19. Installation of equipment. To be completed
minimum 3 months before commissioning.
20. Appointment of staff in stages, starting
3 months before commissioning.
21. Landscaping of area and display of signage
systems both internal and external.
22. Development of systems of the hospital.
23. Training of manpower.
24. Development of computer software for the
25. Completion of project atleast 1 month before
26. Development of all reports and manuals.
27. Final Commissioning.
28. Linkages with Local, National and International
29. Monotoring of the shake down period and
necessary steps to ensure smooth pickup.
30. Hospital Marketing and recognition of various
31. Further development activities.
32. Launch of satellite centers.